Crochet bags comes in many shapes and styles. When I put out a request to my fellow designers looking for patterns to include, I was flooded with so many beautiful designs and creative projects. I might have to make a second post to include them all!
In this collection, you’ll find 30 free crochet patterns for unique bags that are perfect for a variety of uses and occasions. Find all the free pattern links and details below…
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you decide to purchase items through the links I have shared, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the time and work I put into this website and pattern designing.
All pattern links and photos have been included with permission from the designers. Each pattern links directly back to the original source.
1. Granny Square Clutch Bag – Cosy Rosie Crochet A super adorable, zippered bag that’s perfect for a variety of uses. A video walk-through is included within the pattern.
2. Crochet Dice Bag – Sweet Bee Crochet This quick and fun project looks great in stripes or solid shades. Great for storing dice or other small trinkets,
3. Royal Bag – Regina P Designs This bag has a beautiful and eye-catching texture. Made with cotton yarn and your favourite 5mm hook.
4. Crochet Crossbody Bag – Kirsten Holloway Designs Made with 12-inch squares, this unique bag displays lovely, scalloped stitches which provides an elegant look.
5. Traveller Market Bag – Rich Textures Crochet There are so many colour combinations that could be used to crochet this market bag. The written pattern also includes a video tutorial.
6. Patchwork Tote Bag – Blackstone Designs If you’re looking for a fun pop of colour, this bag is for you! This could definitely make for a great stash busting project.
7. 2 in 1 Beach/Market Bag – Sunflower Cottage Crochet Made with worsted weight cotton yarn, this practical project is perfect to have on hand for your next outing.
8. Chevron Crochet Bucket Bag – Made by Gootie This drawstring bag is worked in the round and has a fun chevron focus within the design.
9. Puffin Lace Market Bag – Me ‘n’ My Hook An eco-friendly option when grabbing fresh produce at the local market or grocery store.
10. Kitty Purse Pattern – A Crafty Concept The purr-fect bag for a touch of whimsy and cute! You’ll find written instructions with a link to a helpful video.
11. Lemon Stripes Bag – Sweet Bee Crochet With simple stripes, this bag would be a great introduction to working with colour changes and basic seams.
12. Star Flap Crochet Purse – Jo to the World Creations Customize this pretty purse by adjusting the length of the strap to suit your preference.
13. Briar Produce Bag – Desert Blossom Crafts A lace inspired bag with vintage vibes, this larger sized bag is a definite must for your next market visit.
14. The Bobblelicious Bag – The Loopy Lamb If you love texture, you’ll love this fun project! You’ll find loads of helpful instructions and tips within the written pattern.
15. Crochet Project Bag – Blue Star Crochet With a unique and clever design, this bag is perfect for keeping your smaller crochet projects and tools together. Handy and stylish!
16. Crochet Mesh Bag – Nana’s Crafty Home Made using the corner-to-corner method, this stretchy bag will be perfect to hold on your goodies!
17. Braided Bobble Crochet Bag – Jen Hayes Creations You’ll need both worsted and DK weight to crochet this beautiful bag. Included in the pattern are tons of tips and photos.
18. Through the Window Cosmetic Bag – EyeLoveKnots This zippered pouch is worked up using mosaic crochet technique. Use it for make-up, as a clutch or to store your hooks!
19. Crochet Bucket Bag – Jera’s Jamboree Full of texture, this bag pattern comes with special stitch tutorials so you can learn and create your own beautiful version.
20. Desert Cacti Zipper Bag – Raffamusa Designs Tapestry crochet creates such beautiful projects! With a bold and colorful design, this zippered pouch would make a thoughtful and well-loved gift.
21. Daisy Square Bag – Carroway Crochet A simple and sweet 10-inch x 10-inch bag perfect to taking to summer festivals and events!
22. Caldwell Crochet Market Bag – Stitching Together Pretty squares joined together create this bright and fabulous market bag. Made with worsted weight cotton and a 5mm hook.
23. Shell Stitch Tote Bag – Crafting Each Day Recommended for advanced beginners, this crochet tote pattern also includes a link on how to line your bag with fabric.
24. How to Crochet a Granny Square Bag – Make & Do Crew This pattern is full of detailed photos, notes and assembly instructions. What colours would you choose for your squares?
25. Sarah’s Shopping Bag – Pam’s Cozy Corner Listed as an intermediate level pattern, multi-purpose bag looks beautiful with its striped design.
26. Eyelet Crochet Bag Pattern – Knitting with Chopsticks This pattern uses only one skein of yarn which makes it an ideal project for stash busting or using up those single skeins on your shelf.
27. Crochet Granny Square Bag – Jewels and Jones A stylish and sturdy bag made from moss stitch squares. A minimal and modern design that is listed as beginner friendly.
28. Summer Bag – Hooked on Patterns This versatile pattern can be made into a purse or a small case to store coins or other items.
29. Marigold Market Bag – Hooks, Books, & Wanderlust With a mandala styled base, this vintage and lace styled bag would be a conversation starter at your local markets.
30. Hayden Bag – HanJan Crochet A gorgeous summer bag made in the round using the mosiac technique. Personalize with your favourite colours and choice of straps/handles.
Don’t forget to share your finished projects with the designers by giving them a tag on social media. I know they would love to see your beautiful creations!
Looking to discover more exciting patterns and designers? Check out my other collections of pattern round-up’s below. Happy Crocheting!