Dive into this amazing collection of crochet stitches, perfect for creating inspiration when working on your next project. Discover some simple ways to add exciting textures and eye catching appeal while using your favourite yarn. There’s something for every crocheter in this list so let’s jump in!
Continue reading below…
Did you know that you can join the Sweet Bee Crochet Facebook group? Share photos of your crochet projects, ask for advice from other crocheters and discover fun new patterns! We would love to have you join in our growing community (designers, you are welcome too!). Click the button below to check it out:
This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you decide to purchase items through the links I have shared, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the time and work I put into this website and pattern designing.
All pattern links and photos have been included with permission from the designers. Each pattern links directly back to the original source.
1. Paired Double Crochet Stitch – The Loopy Lamb: A one row repeat that creates a beautiful and lace inspired appearance.
2. Alpine Stitch – Zamiguz: This stitch creates a beautiful texture using a 4 row repeat.
3. Embossed Shell Stitch – Rich Textures Crochet: Perfect for a variety of projects, this stitch looks best in multiple colours.
4. Crochet Thermal Stitch – My Crochet Space: A dense stitch, this works best in projects like coasters, placemats and dishcloths.
5. Crochet Lotus Stitch – Blue Star Crochet: Floral inspired with the use of pretty puff stitches.
6. Honeycomb Textured Stitch – Raffamusa Designs: Beehive inspired and perfect for adding texture within projects.
7. Half Double Crochet V-Stitch – Sweet Bee Crochet: A pretty and lacey variation of the traditional half double crochet stitch
8. Granite Stitch – Salty Pearl Crochet: A classic stitch that has a simple and relaxing repeat.
9. Crochet Primrose Stitch – Through The Loop Yarn Craft: A pretty stitch that can be worked into wearables, home decor projects and more!
10. Iris Stitch – Crafting Each Day: A versatile stitch that creates a lightweight and airy design.
11. Waffle Stitch – Stitching Together: A fun stitch that’s especially popular for blankets and scarves.
12. C2C Suzette Stitch – Made by Gootie: A unique way to use the suzette stitch that creates a stunning texture.
13. Surface Slip Stitch – A Crafty Concept: Use this stitch to personalize projects with decorative accents and names.
14. Feather Stitch – Desert Blossom Crafts: A dramatic stitch that would display especially well in blankets.
15. Bruges Crochet Lace – Banana Moon Studio: With a vintage appearance, this crochet lace is unique and pretty.
16. Lacy Rectangle Shawl – Make It Crochet: A Pretty petal inspired stitch that drapes beautifully in a shawl.
17. Herringbone Single Crochet Ripple Stitch – A Crocheted Simplicity: A eye catching modern stitch that can be used in many different designs.
18. Linked Double Crochet – The Purple Poncho: A fun stitch to make that creates a dense and sturdy project.
19. Sedge Stitch – Simply Melanie Jane: A textured stitch that makes use of the basic stitches.
20. Fantasia Stitch – Handmade by Stacy J: A combination of stitches are used to create a star inspired appearance.
21. Crochet Decrease Stitches – Green Fox Farms Designs: Learn how to make decreases using the basic stitches.
22. Bean Stitch – Crochet ‘n’ Create: A thick and warm stitch that looks especially fun in multiple colours.
23. Extended Moss Stitch – Crochet With Frankie Kate: The classic moss stitch appearance using taller stitches.
24. Wishbone Crochet Stitch – Meladora’s Creations: Fun texture created with the use of post stitches.
25. Wattle Stitch – Sweet Bee Crochet: A thicker stitch with just enough drape making it popular choice for many projects.
I hope you enjoyed this wonderful round up of free crochet stitch tutorials. If you’re looking for more creative inspiration, you might also enjoy these previous round up’s: